This week we’re chatting with Enrique Sanchez and learning Tips and tricks for taking hospitality to a whole new level
The Mixology Talk Podcast
Avoiding & Treating Bartender Injuries: An Interview with Physical Therapist Dr. Karena Wu
flickr photo by Didriks https://flickr.com/photos/dinnerseries/15359417161 shared under a Creative Commons (BY) license
The Mixology Talk Podcast,
Episode Eighty Four
We’ve talked about the occupational hazards of bartending before – but today we’re talking with an expert!
Dr. Karena Wu is a physical therapist in New York and has worked with some of the best and brightest bartenders in Manhattan. Today she’s joined us on the podcast to share her best advice for avoiding injuries common for bartenders – and what to do if you think you might already have an injury.
In today’s Episode…
We’re going over some tips and tricks to avoid and treat common injuries for bartenders. Listen in to learn:
- What types of injuries are common behind the bar
- What can a busy bartender do to avoid these injuries?
- How can you tell the difference between “aches and pains” and a true injury that needs treatment?
- Tips for bartenders who need treatment but don’t have health insurance
- Ways that managers can help their team avoid injuries as well
Stuff we Mentioned:
- Karena’s Practice: Activecare Physical Therapy
- An older podcast episode where we talked about this: the Occupational Hazards of Bartending
- .. and an article where we discussed it as well.
Thanks for Listening!
If you’re in New York and think you might have an injury, consider stopping by Karena’s practice to say hello! Otherwise, take care of yourself and see a doctor or physical therapist if you need treatment – that’s the best way to fix it for good.
Forgiving flavored vodka, getting paid for your cocktail recipes, and pricing cocktail consulting – it’s another listener questions episode!
This week on the podcast, hear Max Messier’s story of reinvention, fortitude, and turning his scrappy notebook into a thriving business.