The Mixology Talk Podcast
Moving up the ladder: How to apply for your first Bar Management job
This post may contain affiliate links. Check out this disclosure for more info. Thanks for your support!
The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode #121
You’ve got a good amount of bar experience and you’re ready to dip your toe in management. This week on the podcast we’re talking about your first steps to prepare apply (and interview) for management roles.
Click the image above to watch the episode!
In today’s Episode…
We’re kicking off a mini-series to help you take your first steps toward a management position. This week it’s all about preparation: how do you get ready to start looking for a new job?
- Step 1: Get your head in the game. Are you sure you want to be a manager?
- Step 2: Prepare to Prepare: Get the information you’ll need to put together an awesome resume.
- Step 3: Polish yourself on Paper (and the web). Create your resume, business cards, and do some digital house-cleaning to make sure you look good if your future employer googles you.
- Step 4: Get the word out! Time to start leveraging your network and letting them know you’re looking for opportunities.
Listen in to the episode for a whole lot more detail about all of the above!
Stuff we Mentioned:
Here are a few other great articles and podcast episodes that are worth a listen / read if you’re considering looking for a new job.
- Networking for Bartenders: Have we mentioned that we think your network is important? A million times? Yeah, I know. Here’s another episode where we say it some more.
- Everything you wanted to know about Bartender Business cards.
- How to write a killer bartender resume
Thanks for Listening!
We’ll be back next time with the next step: interviewing and getting hired.
Never miss an Episode - Subscribe!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and you'll catch all new episodes as soon as they are released!
Follow the link in the button above to go straight to iTunes, or just search your favorite podcast app for "Mixology Talk Podcast"
What do you do when a coworker hates their job and makes your life miserable? Before you quit in exasperation, here are some ideas for trying to make things better.read more
Ever used Mead in a cocktail? It might just be the next big hipster beverage, and this week have we have Mead expert Samuel Boulton on the podcast to teach us all about it!read more
It’s already conference season! Bar Convent Brooklyn is coming in just a few weeks, and is a great event if you’re a bartender looking to learn and grow. Join us this week as we chat with their head of education (and a man who needs no introduction), Angus Winchester.read more
We believe great bartending is about hospitality and caring about your craft.
We're here to share what we learn and help our industry learn and grow.