This is Chris and Julia – we’re the founders of A Bar Above and wanted to introduce you to all of the information on this page. First of all, you should know that our company name is “Hillside Ventures, LLC”. We’re a registered California LLC, and that registered business also goes by other names like “A Bar Above” and “Top Shelf Bar Supply.”
If you have any questions, you can always reach us via our contact page here or following the instructions outlined in our detailed policies below.
Last Updated Date: May 25, 2018
Hillside Ventures, LLC understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 12, below;]|
|“Our Site”||means this website, ABarAbove.com and its subdomain courses.abarabove.com and TopShelfBarSupply.com|
|“US and EU Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and]|
|“We/Us/Our”||Means Hillside Ventures, LLC, a limited liability company registered in the United States, State of California, whose mailing address is: 700 N Valley St Suite B PMB 11616,
92801 Anaheim, CA, USA
2. Information About Us
- Our Sites, ABarABove.com, Courses.com, and TopShelfBarSupply.com, are owned operated by Hillside Ventures, LLC, a limited liability company registered in the state of California, USA and hose mailing address is: 700 N Valley St Suite B PMB 11616, 92801 Anaheim, CA, USA
- Our data protection officer is Julia Tunstall who can be contacted at email@example.com
3. Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Data Do We Collect?
- business/company name
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
5. How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 6, below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible website experience, products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our products and services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email Insert Type of Email e.g. newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of every email.);
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on Our products and/or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- Advertisers whose content appears on Our Site may engage in what is known as “behavioural advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below in section 12. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Site.
- Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
6. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 5, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it for the purposes described above in section 5.
- Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties
- Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
7. Do We Share Your Data?
- We do not share your data with companies or individuals outside of Hillside Ventures, LLC, except as described below.
- We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
8. What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
9. How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
10. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given it
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data as set out in section in 5 at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 15, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
11. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 14.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
13. Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 14 below).
14.Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
14.1 In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
14.2 The right described in section 14.1 does not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
- The decision is authorised by law; or
- You have given you explicit consent.
Where We use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
- Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
- Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
- All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
15. Contacting Us
From time to time, we may work with brands, products or companies to create “sponsored” content – that is, a blog post, podcast episode, recipe or other content that has been sponsored by the brand. We will do our best to always disclose when a piece of content has been sponsored.
We do welcome product samples, but the following applies:
- We may or may not use sampled products in our content. This is completely at our own discretion.
- We will do our best to disclose when a referenced product has been provided for free.*
- We will always discuss products (whether samples or otherwise) in an honest and unbiased way. If we like it, we’ll tell you that. If we don’t like it, we will either choose not to mention it, or we will review it honestly.
- Sending us product free sample in NO way guarantees coverage and ESPECIALLY does not guarantee positive coverage.
*While it can be difficult to keep track of every sample we have received, (especially if it was received a long time ago), we will make all reasonable attempts to fully and completely disclose this information in all of our content.
If you are interested in sending us a sample, please reach out to us using our Contact Form and we’d be happy to provide our sample address.
All content provided on ABarAbove.com and CraftBartenderSummit.com is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner of ABarAbove.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. Blog viewers attempting to follow or replicate the recipes, activities, techniques or tips shown on this website should do so with care, and do so at their own risk.
The information, videos, and content provided at ABarAbove.com is intended for adults of legal drinking age. By viewing or using the information on this website in any way, you are confirming that you are of legal drinking age in your jurisdiction and you are agreeing to hold us harmless for any claims otherwise.
It is intended to be an informational resource around alcoholic beverages, ingredients and preparation. ABarAbove.com provides this information with the intention that adults will use it to create and enjoy alcoholic beverages responsibly and in moderation. Viewers of this website and users of its content are wholly responsible to ensure compliance with their local food preparation and distribution laws. ABarAbove.com makes no representations that its recommendations align with the laws of the user’s local jurisdiction.
ABarAbove in no way supports, condones, or encourages the consumption of alcoholic beverages in excess, or any other form of alcohol abuse. ABarAbove.com is not liable for the use of its information by minors or or unlawful use or consumption of alcohol in any way.
- The materials on A Bar Above’s site are given “as is”. A Bar Above makes no guarantees, communicated or suggested, and thus renounces and nullifies every single other warranties, including without impediment, inferred guarantees or states of merchantability, fitness for a specific reason, or non-encroachment of licensed property or other infringement of rights. Further, A Bar Above does not warrant or make any representations concerning the precision, likely results, or unwavering quality of the utilization of the materials on its Internet site or generally identifying with such materials or on any destinations connected to this website.
In no occasion should A Bar Above or its suppliers subject for any harms (counting, without constraint, harms for loss of information or benefit, or because of business interference,) emerging out of the utilization or powerlessness to utilize the materials on A Bar Above’s Internet webpage, regardless of the possibility that A Bar Above or a A Bar Above approved agent has been told orally or in written of the likelihood of such harm. Since a few purviews don’t permit constraints on inferred guarantees, or impediments of obligation for weighty or coincidental harms, these confinements may not make a difference to you.
5. Amendments and Errata
The materials showing up on A Bar Above’s site could incorporate typographical, or photographic mistakes. A Bar Above does not warrant that any of the materials on its site are exact, finished, or current. A Bar Above may roll out improvements to the materials contained on its site whenever without notification. A Bar Above does not, then again, make any dedication to update the materials.
A Bar Above has not checked on the majority of the websites or links connected to its website and is not in charge of the substance of any such connected webpage. The incorporation of any connection does not infer support by A Bar Above of the site. Utilization of any such connected site is at the user’s own risk.
A Bar Above may update these terms of utilization for its website whenever without notification. By utilizing this site you are consenting to be bound by the then current form of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
8. Governing Law
Any case identifying with A Bar Above’s site should be administered by the laws of the country of USA A Bar Above State without respect to its contention of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
A Bar Above may link to services or products that we recommend, and in some cases these links will be “Affiliate links.” What this means is that A Bar Above will receive compensation if you, the reader, clicks on that link and eventually makes a purchase. We include these links as a way to help support this blog, and be assured that regardless of whether a link is compensated or not, it has only been included because we feel it may be useful to you, the reader. You are under absolutely no pressure to click on these links, and it will not cost you anything if you do. If you like what we’re doing here at A Bar Above, please consider using our links, and thank you for helping support this website!
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, applicable laws and regulations and their compliance. If you disagree with any of the stated terms and conditions, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this site are secured by relevant copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is allowed to temporarily download one duplicate of the materials (data or programming) on A Bar Above’s site for individual and non-business use only. This is the just a permit of license and not an exchange of title, and under this permit you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial use , or for any public presentation (business or non-business);
- attempt to decompile or rebuild any product or material contained on A Bar Above’s site;
- remove any copyright or other restrictive documentations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to someone else or even “mirror” the materials on other server.
- This permit might consequently be terminated if you disregard any of these confinements and may be ended by A Bar Above whenever deemed. After permit termination or when your viewing permit is terminated, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your ownership whether in electronic or printed form.