How do you prebatch cocktails in the first place? It conserves a lot of time, effort and energy! If you’re a bartender and you don’t have that much time in your hand, then prebatching is the way to go.
Prebatching Made Easy
How To Do It:
For Spirit-focused Cocktails (without citrus)
- Add all of your spirits together into a large container or bottle.
- Add syrups / sweeteners
- Add water to the batch to make up for the lack of ice-dilution. (I recommend adding 20-30%)
For Cocktails with Citrus:
- Follow the steps above, being sure to leave OUT the citrus.
- Add the citrus at the last minute – either by fresh-squeezing your citrus into another bottle alongside, or by just adding it at the last possible moment before the event / service starts.
Serving the Drink:
In a bar setting, the bartender will be serving the drink, even if it is pre-batched. But at private events, you have a few options:
- You can serve the cocktail in a glass beverage dispenser. I generally recommend against this for cocktails with citrus, as it can gum up the pourspout.)
- You can also portion out your pre-batched cocktail into individual glass bottles. (I like these) These are easier to handle for an event bartender, or for guests to pour themselves.
There you have it! I hope you guys learned a lot from this video!