This guy knows his beer. Join us this week as we’re chatting about choosing beer and getting certified as a Cicerone!
The Mixology Talk Podcast
How to Ask for a Promotion
The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode One Hundred and Ten
Looking for your next career move? Here’s how to prepare yourself to get the best chances of success, and a few suggestions on how to tackle the conversation with your manager as well.
In today’s Episode…
Are you looking to get a promotion behind the bar? No matter where you work, do this first:
- Be really good at your job. Learn everything you can. It’ll be hard to get promoted if you aren’t already seen as an expert in your current role.
- Have a great, hardworking attitude. Nobody wants to promote someone they don’t like working with!
- Show initiative: What can you learn about the job you want ahead of time? How can you demonstrate that you are willing and able to learn what’s needed for your new role?
Stuff we Mentioned:
Here are some articles you may find helpful:
- How to go from Barback to Bartender
- How to go from Cocktail Waitress to Bartender
- How to get your Manager to love you
- How to get your resume into the Manager’s hands
Thanks for Listening!
Get promoted recently? Share your tips in the comments below!
Bartending before 21, Single-Ingredient Bitters, and Chilled Mixers: It’s another Listener Questions Episode!
What are your options for learning to bartend before it’s legal? How do you make vanilla bitters? And should you chill your carbonated or uncarbonated mixers? Listen in for all of the above!
Online review sites can be such a thorn in your side. This week Matt Hayman from ReviewMiner is here to give us some tips for getting great reviews (and avoiding the bad ones!)