It’s human nature, and it’s everywhere behind the bar. But how can you stop drama from taking over and making your bar a bad place to work?
The Mixology Talk Podcast
How to Ask for a Promotion
The Mixology Talk Podcast, Episode One Hundred and Ten
Looking for your next career move? Here’s how to prepare yourself to get the best chances of success, and a few suggestions on how to tackle the conversation with your manager as well.
In today’s Episode…
Are you looking to get a promotion behind the bar? No matter where you work, do this first:
- Be really good at your job. Learn everything you can. It’ll be hard to get promoted if you aren’t already seen as an expert in your current role.
- Have a great, hardworking attitude. Nobody wants to promote someone they don’t like working with!
- Show initiative: What can you learn about the job you want ahead of time? How can you demonstrate that you are willing and able to learn what’s needed for your new role?
Stuff we Mentioned:
Here are some articles you may find helpful:
- How to go from Barback to Bartender
- How to go from Cocktail Waitress to Bartender
- How to get your Manager to love you
- How to get your resume into the Manager’s hands
Thanks for Listening!
Get promoted recently? Share your tips in the comments below!
For Thor, it’s all about finding your passion and doing the work to make it happen – no matter what everyone else says.
Cross-training can be great for everyone – this week we’re talking about cross-training a waiter to become a bartender – and doing it well!