Mixology Monday LXXXIX-Announcement
Got a case of the Mondays? Hopefully this month’s Mixology Monday will help to chase those blues away!
We’re excited to host our very first MXMO and hoping add something new to the mix. This month the topic is…
(Cue dramatic music)
Ok, ok… It’s not quite as dramatic as I make it out to be.
Basically the idea is to try something new, an ingredient or technique that you’ve never had experience with before and create a cocktail around it.
Here are a few ideas to get the creative juices flowing:
- Use a spirit that you’ve never used before. It could be a base spirit, modifier or that Belgian Ale that rings in at 15% alcohol.
- Use an ingredient that has always captured your imagination in the supermarket. Maybe that weird looking fruit that you always walk by at Whole Foods, or that unusual looking vegetable that you can’t even pronounce.
- Use a new technique that you’ve never tried, but have always wanted to. Have you been dying to make your own vermouth, amaro, or martini glass made completely out of flavored sugar.
Excited? Got a few ideas? Great!
Here’s how to get in on the action:
1) Make a cocktail using an ingredient, technique or something else that’s completely new to you
2) Post a picture of the drink on your blog, website, tumblr, etc. and include:
- The beautiful MxMo Logo and a link to MixologyMonday.com
- A link back to this post so folks know what you’re up to
- And a quick explanation of what about the cocktail was “Unknown” to you!
3) Send me your link by commenting on this post or sending some love on Twitter @ABarAbove
4) Do all of the above by Midnight Pacific time on September 22nd and I’ll put everything together into one great big round up of the “Unknown”
I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Don’t forget to come back here after September 22nd to check out “The Unknown!”
Just wanted to let you know: sometimes we mention and link to products or services that give us a small commission if you buy. I wanted to assure you that we only mention stuff we genuinely believe in! Thank you for clicking our links and supporting the blog!